Russ Perry is the Founder of Design Pickle, the #1 unlimited and flat-rate graphic design service in the world. Launched in 2015, Design Pickle has experienced unprecedented success helping small businesses get the creative content they need so their clients can focus on what they do best.
Additionally, Russ is a Certified Trainer with Wake Up Warrior, the #1 training program for men worldwide. He enjoys traveling with his wife – Mika – and their three beautiful daughters.
- Russ grew up in a family with no entrepreneurial influence. He used to plan his life with a 9-5 job as the way he saw with what his family was into as a living at the time.
- He went to college, switched from engineering to industrial design.
- His decision to be an entrepreneur came out of necessity.
- Design Pickle’s mission goes far beyond Adobe files. They wake up every day to change lives through their creative service, support and products.
- Their service is guided with their core values: friendly, smart-working, truth, and service.
Get In Touch
Show Notes Timestamps
[02:17] Victor introduces & welcomes guest, Russ.
[03:05] Russ gorwing up.
How can I get more time to myself? Maybe I should become a businessman.
[05:30] How Russ became an entrepreneur.
[07:42] His book and his redemption from a bad habit.
My story isn’t mine to keep, I need to help someone else.
[11:05] How the business changed with his change.
Clarity, peace, space, and silence allowed me into introspective mode.
[18:12] About Design Pickle.
[22:03] His customer acquisition and retention.
[23:45] How Russ manages his team.
[25:58] A normal day for Russ.
[27:52] His best skill and worst habit.
[30:01] Books and resources he’d recommend.
Deep Work by Cal Newport
[31:36] Getting in touch.